Research Assistant (Medical Image)
About the Position
Perceptra is a leader in computer vision and deep learning for the healthcare industry. We provide high-quality machine learning services to hospitals and medical centers throughout Thailand. With an increasing volume of medical images we collected to improve our product, data annotation is rapidly becoming one of the most important tasks in our product lifecycle. As a Research Assistant, you will be responsible for generating high-quality data annotation for medical images. This role requires the candidate to be a self-starter and work independently to meet deadlines. You will closely work alongside our research team who focuses on improving the machine learning models, in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
Note that there’s no medical image interpretation experience needed. You will be provided materials and expert advise you help you succeed in your role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Learning the basics of radiology (no prior experience required) – learn how to spot interesting features in x-ray images.
- Annotate data related to medical images such as chest x-ray and digital mammography images per instructions from senior staff.
- Occasionally, you will be learning to read medical reports and classify reports using in-house software.
- Recheck, verify, quality control the labels and reports.
- Compare and contrast results from AI and doctors to verify algorithms’ results and spot mistakes.
- Work in sync with the team to meet individual deadlines, daily and weekly goals.
- Occasionally work with a multidisciplinary team of medical doctors, engineers, and designers for insights to improve the labeling processes
- Interest in medical field, willing to learn the field.
- High attention to details. Strive for high quality of the outcomes of the task.
- Persistence and persevere even in the face of challenges.
- Organization skills, time management, and discipline.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Team player, positive and driven, fast learner.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to follow complex written instructions. Ability to learn and use new software.
- Good English skills (ability to learn medical vocabs).
- Experience in working with medical images is a plus.
Benefits and Perk
- Salary : depending on availability and performance. Full-time engagement can be up to 25,000 per month.
- Life & health insurance package.
- Perks : computer budget, annual company retreat.
- Office close to BTS Thonburi.
- Work from home 1-3 days per week.
- You have option to work from home as individual contractor in a part-time capacity. Note that you need to have your own computer with internet connection to do so.